Signs of Hearing Loss
The ability to communicate easily and effectively is essential for maintaining healthy, happy relationships with your family and friends. To help you identify areas where you might be having communication difficulties, please read the questionnaire below.
- Do people seem to mumble or speak in a softer voice than they use to?
- Do you feel tired or irritable after a long conversation?
- Do you sometimes misunderstand words in a sentence, or frequently need to ask people to repeat themselves?
- When you are socializing with other people, does background noise bother you?
- Do you like the volume on your TV or radio turned up louder than your family or friends would like?
- Do you have difficulty hearing the doorbell or telephone ring?
- Is it ever difficult for you to hear the conversation on your telephone?
- Has someone close to you mentioned that you might have a problem with your hearing?
- Do you avoid social activities because you cannot hear well and fear you will respond improperly during conversations with family and friends?
If you answered YES in 3 or more of these areas, this is an indication it is likely you have some hearing loss and a complete hearing evaluation would be recommended.
Please contact us to schedule a hearing evaluation – no referral is necessary!